O the 1857 matrimonial causes act allowed ordinary people to divorce before then divorce was largely open only to men and had to be granted by an act . While divorce perhaps doesnt have the same stigma connected to it as it once did the practice is still a touchy subject in many parts of america indeed as we . Thankyou for the history as the archbishop observed in the 1960s the divorce laws should not be used to keep people in bad marriages against their will. Historically divorces were only granted in very special circumstances and in early american history couples found it very difficult to be granted a divorce
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.